Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Alone.


These past few days have been mentally hard for me, I forgot that towards babies getting to four months or older people tend to not come visit as often, actually they kind of forget your around too, not so many people call & I am left feeling rather sorry for myself for not having reached out for some company sooner, some days I don't feel the loneliness as much as Bella is around while he is at work, but when she's at pre-school I am partly alone Gabby sleeping & day time tv being so crap it hurts my eyes. 

Maybe with the weather getting better & the days lasting longer I should start going for walks, maybe I might just meet another mother in my shoes.

Just maybe.

6 comments:

  1. enjoy those lovely moments of solitude, but the walks are a great idea. it's nice to have real humans to chat to, especially other mums with kids the same age. take care! :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, if only you Sydney and Dublin were a little closer, imagine all the walks and shopping trips we could take! :) hang on in there, summer is around the corner and i am sure you will meet some other fabulous mom to hang out with! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I know what you mean. The loneliness can be crushing at time. I moved back to my hometown just to be back with friends and family again. Walks are a great way to meet people. Also joining a yoga class once a week or taking Gabby/Bella to the park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my best friends ever just moved away two days ago and I've been up the past few nights crying. It truly is hard feeling without the support and love of friends, or even the occasional visitor. A lot of times younger mums feel alienated by their friends who still are living the single life or even just flaky friends that say they'll come visit but never do.

    I hope things get better for you soon, and know that you're not the only one! I promise!

    Sometimes I feel like I must be so uncool bc no one visits me ever either! I guess the upside is that I don't have to constantly worry about keeping my house clean for unannounced visitors ;)

    If I lived over by you, we'd be having cups of tea all the time. Keep your chin up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those silent moments can be hard. I remember before I worked and was home with the babes I struggled especially because none of my friends had children. I am here if you need anything. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you've been feeling like this. If only I was still in Sydney - we could have got together for a coffee. In another life perhaps... Have you tried some of the local mother's groups? I found those groups such a good support. xx

    ReplyDelete